Monday, 14 November 2016

How to get clearer skin

The beginning of my skincare journey with you

Skincare is something I am really passionate about, and have been since I was around 17/18 years old. I am constantly drawn towards the skincare aisles in shops such as Superdrug and Boots and could spend hours searching for the next product that claims to clear my skin in no time. In fact, it doesn't stop there, the amount of times I have googled how to get clear skin is probably a scary number. It has got to the point now where my bathroom cabinet is overflowing with new and different products, some of which work, and some which made my skin worse. After collecting lots of different brands and trying all sorts of things over the past 5 years, it seemed fitting that I shared my opinion and honest reviews of these items to help you out and guide you towards products that are worth the splurge, and those that are not. I am in no way an expert in skincare, but I'd like to share my experiences of various products with you. 

Background to my skin

My main areas of concern are my forehead and chin which can get very oily, whilst my cheeks tend to stay clear. I also have very sensitive skin. But, my skin is always changing, sometimes it will be crystal clear all over for months, and other times (such as now!) I will have to endure a never ending breakout. You know, the ones where you have finally got rid of one spot and the next day another pops up right next to it. Nightmare! 

So, here is my first skincare product review, on a much talked about brand: Mario Badescu. 





For years now I have been trying an array of different products for skincare with every hope that my skin will somehow miraculously clear overnight, only to be let down when I don't have that much coveted glowing, dewy skin in the morning. Wishful thinking, right? I've now come to terms with the fact that a product isn't going to change your skin in a few days, sometimes it will take weeks or even months.

But, I'm too impatient to wait. When I wake up with a pesky spot or even a breakout, the last thing I want to do is cover it in makeup and potentially make it worse. So, when I came across an overnight solution claiming to shrink your spot overnight, I couldn't wait to give it a try. (And yes, I did come across this product via Kylie Jenner's snapchat story, so thanks Ky!)




Mario Badescu: Drying Lotion 
Price: Cheapest I can find is £13 on BeautyBay.com.
Claims: The lotion claims to clear up and soothe unsightly whiteheads overnight without irritating the surrounding skin. 
Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Aqua, Calamine, Camphor, Sulfure, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid.

How to use/how it works:
Using a cotton bud, dip it into the pink sediment at the bottom and apply straight onto your blemish, leaving it to dry overnight. Although it looks like you need to shake the bottle, don't, as the ingredients are supposed to be separated. A great advantage of this lotion is that it's targeted to a specific area of your skin, so the rest of your face doesn't have to suffer from unnecessary dryness. It also dries relatively quickly so won't create a mess of your pillowcase! Considering my skin will usually start burning or turn bright red with a strong product, I don't react to this one so I do believe their claim that it is suitable for all skin types, including very sensitive. 

The million dollar question: does it work? 
Notice my post title isn't how to get 'clear', but rather 'clearer' skin. And that's how I would describe this product. It helps to get clearer skin by reducing your pimple size overnight, and gets rid of the white head. But, there is no guarantee of completely clear skin as I'm always left with a strong red mark or still a slight red bump. So yes, your skin will appear clearer, but you're still left with red blemishes. Therefore, this lotion is ideal for smoothing out the texture of your skin for those who want to apply makeup/cover up on top, making your skin appear flawless. 

Overall, it's not a treatment for acne, and it won't prevent any spots from rearing their ugly heads in the future. But, it is perfect for when you're on the go and need a quick fix. It's the ideal last minute rescue to shrink a spot and fits well as the fourth step to a cleanse, tone and moisturise routine. 

Although this product has become a saviour, it's got quite a hefty price tag for such a small bottle, so I think instead of repurchasing this particular one, I'm going to shop around and look for alternative drying lotions to compare the results. I have heard good things about Origins "super spot remover", if you have tried it, please let me know! 

The next thing I'd like to try from Mario Badescu's range is anything that claims to reduce red marks or scarring. 

My rating: 4/5


Do remember that everyones skin will react slightly differently to these products, so do check out other reviews too :) 


Do you have any experiences of spot removing products? Have you found one that works really well? I would love to hear about products you have used! 

7 comments:

  1. I used to use this product as well to clear my acne and it worked wonders! Love Mario Badescu! xo, sharon

    http://www.stylelullaby.com/fashion/holiday-shopping-shoprunner/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it worked for you, that's great :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot of great things about this product. I also appreciate the honest review too. I'm definitely going to look into that product. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's talked about a lot! Thanks for your kind comment :) Let me know if it works for you :)

      Delete
  3. ohh i need this, thank for sharing!!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works well for you if you buy it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi everyone!!!

    I'm so excited share this testimony here about how i got my ex husband back after a break up. I'm Clara 28 yr old from USA, Am a woman who love and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth continent. My husband was so lovely and caring after 3 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I start searching for who can help, doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 24 hours left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the text, the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 3 years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get bring again? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was did you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to lose him. After the operation my husband came back to live and was healthy I was also OK with the instruction given to me by the doctor, after 3 months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, that was how my husband ran away with his new wife cleanable. Since then I was confuse don't know what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary it must be a spiritual problem that was how he gave me this Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com that I should tell he all my problem that he can help that was how i contacted he and I do as instructed. After 28 hours and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband start searching for me and went back to the doctor, that was how we well settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted he am now 3 months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man,
    if you have any kind of problem you can contact him here on his
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call him +2348160153829
    Save Your Crumbling Relationship
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/725/523/869/

    ReplyDelete